Friday, May 7, 2010

The Olympus uTough Camera Lives!

This is Pa again. I opened all of the ports and panels on Shay's very dead Olympus uTough camera and removed the battery and memory card. I let it dry out over the course on the next week until I could not see any moisture left in it. Both Shay and I email Olympus about the water got the same reply, "send it in and we'll let you know what it will cost".

After a week airing out, I charged it up and up she came. Tried out all of the functions and the memory card and it appears good. The screen is not the best, I think we lost about 1/2 of the screen resolution, but hey, it works.

We'll send it back out to the trail when we have a box that is not yet full to mail.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys,

    This is Art, reading the blog. Great stuff!

    Pa and Shay... I have actually rescued two digicams after immersing them in the drink, accident, yeah, right! canyoneering by putting them into the oven for an hour at 130 to 150 deg. F. Walk ON!

    A

    ReplyDelete