Thursday, March 4, 2010

New gear to play with

I just got my new Sleeping bag (Mont-Bell U.L. S.S. Down Hugger #3) and a new back pack (GoLite Peak). Everything looks good, going to be testing my gear on a short trip to Southern Utah later this month. I still need to get a camera and a few other bits, but it looks like my pack weight will easily be under 10 pounds (with a wooden canoe paddle, 1-2 video cameras, and a solar charger).

I will have pictures of my gear up soon, and will get my website looking better.

1 comment:

  1. 10 pounds! Awesome! My pack will likely weigh twice that for the brief sojourn in the desert this month. Are you planning to have an ice axe and some crampons waiting for you at the start of the High Sierras? All of the blogs I've perused on the PCT website mention postholing for miles on end in the High Sierras, and recommend an ice axe and crampons.

    I have a pair of light-weight aluminum crampons that will just be gathering dust in storage this summer. You can borrow them, if you'd like. I'd also offer my ice axe, but it's old and a bit heavier than you might like. But it's available, too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete